Upgrade for Seal the inner Mereenie Loop Chainage 136.30 to 158.00
Exact Contracting was engaged by Sitzler Bros on behalf of the Northern Territory Department of Infrastructure to upgrade and seal 21.7 kilometres of the Inner Mereenie Loop, from chainage 136.30 to 158.00, 14kms east of Hermansberg Aboriginal Community.
- Crushing and screening of approximately 160,000t of base-course materials;
- Construction of earthworks, table drain offlets & blocks and floodways;
- Construction of pavement using sand-clay materials for fill, subgrade and sub-base;
- Construct concrete margins and stabilised floodway areas;
- Construct RCBC and RCP Culverts
- Protection works
- Provision of sealing works, line marking and installation of road furniture
These works were undertaken on culturally sensitive Aboriginal land and a detour was incorporated into the table drains, as all works needed to be contained within a 50m corridor of the centreline. Exact Contracting successfully completed these works under traffic.