SARMS 3IP Project
Exact Contracting was engaged by the Renmark Irrigation Trust (R.I.T.) to deliver multiple projects funded via Round 2 of the South Australian River Murray Sustainability Program (SARMS).
With a focus towards reliable a ‘water on demand’ capability, the project works included:
- E Main Duplication – 1200 mm PN6 SN10,000 GRP pipeline, approximately 3,850 metres in length.
- Pipeline to Northern Block X (initially 250ha additional irrigation) – 600 mm PN10 SN 10,000 GRP pipeline, approximately 6,660 metres in length.
- Booster Pump Station for Pipeline to Northern Block X – larger capacity station to increase irrigation area capability.
- High Voltage Power Upgrade to Main River Pump Station – replacement of old high voltage infrastructure to increase power usage efficiency.
- AR Relift Pump Station electrical upgrade – electrics and control systems modernisation to improve efficiency and reliability.
- Telemetry and monitoring project – installation of specialised flow monitoring devices and the addition of some 810 telemetry and flow monitoring units.
The pipeline construction included the challenges of a creek crossing, several road crossings, high ground water levels, a small construction footprint, sensitive vegetation and a short timeframe due the reliance on the infrastructure by the growers. Exact Contracting successfully managed the entire project, from the initial extensive design phase through to project execution.